Thursday, February 10, 2011

Confession #3

I have a SERIOUS gum addiction.

The average American chews 300 pieces of gum a year. Over the past three years, I've chewed approximately 5,475 pieces of gum, which equates to 1,825 pieces a year. Fortunately, this addiction is less costly than smoking would be. It's only costing me around $160 instead of the $300 the average smoker spends a year on cigarettes. If I'm ever in public without a piece of gum in my mouth, I start going crazy and feel like I must cover my mouth if anyone comes within a 3-foot radius of me. If I (through a sad misfortune) am forced to go more than a day without gum I feel like I've lost my best friend--and I start going through withdrawal. While gum can be a good thing, I get the feeling that my addiction is not so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment